anybody reading?
David Dalton
2024-01-02 08:05:35 UTC
Is anybody reading this group?
--
David Dalton ***@nfld.com https://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page)
"And if I shed a tear I won’t cage it; I won't fear love;
And if I feel a rage I won’t deny it; I won't fear love" (Sarah McLachlan)
Miguel Sendim
2024-01-02 13:02:10 UTC
Reading, probably, but the group has been silent like, forever...
I'd say its creators must have "migrated" to somewhere else.
LLL
Miguel Sendim
2024-01-02 13:06:21 UTC
It looks like Google is ending this king of groups, anyway...

"Effective February 22, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet content. Posting and subscribing will be disallowed, and new content from Usenet peers will not appear. Viewing and searching of historical data will still be supported as it is done today."
Miguel Sendim
David Dalton
2024-01-03 01:33:54 UTC
It looks like Google is ending this kind of groups, anyway...
"Effective February 22, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet
content. Posting and subscribing will be disallowed, and new content from
Usenet peers will not appear. Viewing and searching of historical data will
still be supported as it is done today."
But this and other Usenet newsgroups will still be accessible
using a newsreader such as Agent on Windows, Hogwasher
on Mac, or the free Thunderbird on Windows, Mac, and Linux,
accessing a newsserver (such as the free one Eternal September),
as it was long before Google Groups existed.