Rosicrucianism in France
m***@gmail.com
2006-08-20 11:04:18 UTC
It seems that AMORC in France is labeled by the French government as a
cult. AMORCS detractors include the R.Church and French Freemasonry. It
is presumed that other Rosicrucian groups in France fare no better. My
information comes from a AMORC gathering of about 3 years ago in which
Julie Scott G.M. represented AMORC. Other statements in more veiled
terms have appeared in print by Christian Bernard.

I can understand how AMORC can be the victim of repression by the
French Government and still be expanding in French speaking countries
outside of France. I recently meet a English Freemason who had spent a
lot of time in France. He said that only the foolish and inept would
wear a Masonic Ring or lapel pin in public in France. The average Mason
in France does not publicize his affiliation. Despite the dwindiling
church attendence in France,the church is still a powerful force as it
has always has been.

The word "rosicrucian" can mean whatever one wants it to mean. The same
can be said for "Freemason" The more one reads about the history of
both orders,the more one is temp;ted to remove himself from both.

teletourgos
2006-08-20 11:38:12 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
[...]
Your argument does not stack up. You've said that AMORC is persecuted
in France. You've said that it expands by being secret.

Then you've said 'the word 'rosicrucian' can mean whatever one wants it
to mean. How do you support that argument ?

You've then said 'the same can be said for 'Freemason'. This is
patently untrue. There are distinct landmarks of Freemasonry, so I
think your argument here is even less true in relation to the Craft.
How do you support your claim ?

Jean
Cathari
2006-08-20 14:41:29 UTC
Jadam,

I have heard similar reports, and specifically, that "Rosicrucians" in
France today, are considered a "cult" by the government. I don't know
if it has anything to do with certain problems coming to light, which
arise from political issues both in France, but also concerning some
Rosicrucian groups, at least. Something to stay tuned to for further
information to verify one way or the other.

Cathari
has always has been.
h***@yahoo.com
2006-08-20 16:13:30 UTC
Hello macavenel,
My dad was a freemason and he died 12 years ago when I was still a kid,
so I never
had the opportunity to really carry out a conversation with him about
what masons
really believe in. I do know that he was a man that never hated anyone.
Here in memphis
shortly before he died, his lodge was trying to suppress the masonic
lodge for african-americans
called the Prince hall lodge, and my father wanted all the prince hall
members to become part of
his lodge. Because of his insisting on equal rights for all, he was
ostracized by his lodge and seldom was ever asked to participate in
that lodge. He was heart broken but nevertheless, he was adamant that
any man of any religion or race could apply for membership in the
masonic
order, he was even thinkong that women should join the lodge not as a
woman's lodge but as
members of the regular masonic fraternity. I think he was ahead of his
time. I think if he was still alive today, he would not harbor any ill
will toward any other lodge including the rosicrucian order.
He was a great guy. I also remember when I was real young (about 5) he
sent a letter to the local
paper condemming the kkk, and a few nights later, a brick came through
out window with red
letters outlining the kkk symbol, so he never dared endanger his family
again and never wrote
another letter to the paper.
Gerard
Phylistine
2006-08-20 17:31:54 UTC
France has become the most religion persecuting country in the western
world. EVERYTHING is a cult, not even the Catholic Church is spared.

See the following link for a good summary of what is happening:

http://www.cesnur.org/
cult. ........
teletourgos
2006-08-21 00:44:31 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
It seems that AMORC in France is labeled by the French government as a
cult. ........
I believe the Lectorium Rosicrucianum was labelled a cult, and AMORC
was making some note of this on its website.

LR is a competitor to AMORC and these days is significantly more
successful than AMORC in Europe.

It is true that a number of those involved in the 'Solar Temple' were
ex-AMORC and were associated with Raymond Bernard.

On this group, I have sometimes referenced the dangers of the cultic,
unquestioning mindset that encourages people to think their particular
group or its founders can do no wrong; this is one of the reasons why.

Jean