AMORC and Elus Cohen
bizon586@yahoo.com
2007-10-08 06:12:24 UTC
gls,
I have seen a copy of a Letter supposedly written by George Lagreze
sometime in 1945 to RML authorizing him to start the Elus Cohen in the
US and forwarding all the cohen materials to RML.Beyond this letter
nothing else has been heard from amorc about this.
Where does the cr+c and BMO stand with respect to the Elus Cohen? Why
did RML not continue with the coen?

Sid
2007-10-12 19:59:01 UTC
Greetings,
Post by ***@yahoo.com
gls,
I have seen a copy of a Letter supposedly written by George Lagreze
sometime in 1945 to RML authorizing him to start the Elus Cohen in the
US and forwarding all the cohen materials to RML.Beyond this letter
nothing else has been heard from amorc about this.
Where does the cr+c and BMO stand with respect to the Elus Cohen? Why
did RML not continue with the coen?
Is the Elus Cohen active in Germany, and do I have to be a Mason/
Master Mason to join?

If I have to be a Mason to join, can you tell me which branch of
Masonry I need to contact?

Thanks.

Regards,
Sid
d***@yahoo.com
2007-12-01 15:56:43 UTC
Peace Be Unto You Sid,

There are two active lodges of the Elus Cohen in both North & South
Germany, but this Rite is worked by members of the MOUP in the Swedish
Rite and the Rectified Scottish Rite. The line is not limited to
Ambelain's transmission either. Not only do you have to be a Master
Mason, but more importantly you must be Christian. You also have to
be tapped for membership in Germany, and in order to do so you would
have to be either RER or Swedish Rite and a Martinist and be known to
the brethren in that Province of Martinezism. This is the same as the
situation in Spain, Togo and Brazil, and it is similar to way things
are set up in Ireland as well.

In Service & Love,

+Duc
Greetings,
Sid
Ben Scaro
2007-12-03 11:33:50 UTC
Post by d***@yahoo.com
Peace Be Unto You Sid,
There are two active lodges of theElusCohen in both North & South
Germany, but this Rite is worked by members of the MOUP in the Swedish
Rite and the Rectified Scottish Rite. The line is not limited to
Ambelain's transmission either.
What is the line of Elus Coens that MOUP has aside from Ambelain ?

As for CR+C and BMO and the Coens, I don't know what the stance is, if
any. If you're a member, ask.

As for RML and the Coens, we have to consider that RML is often
attributed responsibility for making AMORC teachings more 'up to date'
and 'scientific'.

We might also consider that AMORC (schizophrenically, IMHO) attacked
traditions like the GD both for being ineffective AND black magical,
as per the grumblings of the old retainers who decamped in bad odour a
year or so back.

Given all that, and taking into account his claimed agnosticism, RML
probably had little interest in perpetuating the Elus Coen tradition,
a fully magical system, and a rather 'Roman Catholic' one at that.

Further, if you do Coen work, debriefing of some kind is essential. I
would think it unsuited to Home Sanctum work by individual
practitioners working in physical isolation from an experienced
group. I am told the results can be dramatic - for the practitioner
and those around him. I inherited a magical diary on a Coen working
years back and it wasn't the sort of thing that would sit well with a
tranquil family life in the suburbs.

There was talk also that AMORC inherited a full set of materials from
OHTM. These were not used either so far as I know.

Fundamentally, I guess their reasoning was that what they had worked,
and by that time most of the world believed AMORC and Rosicrucianism
were synonymous, so why tamper with success to introduce a system that
had even more capacity to induce instability than Crowley's ? I think
it would have been entirely against the interests of both the Order
and the membership.

Ben
Sid
2007-12-03 23:26:41 UTC
Thanks for the up-date and information.

There is so much information on the net:

MOUP: Martinist Order of Unknown Philosophers (Chevillon-Chambellant
Lineage)

http://specialcollections.library.wisc.edu/khunrath/labtxt1750.html

http://www.moup.org/Files/Templars_and_Rose_Croix-Ambelain.pdf

http://www.moup.org/Files/Contemporary_Martinism-Ambelain.pdf