gls friends
jadam
2008-03-25 02:48:39 UTC
Hello to all especialy Gary.
Gary made a passing remark in a recent post that seemed to me to
indicate he was a bit dissapointed over his lack of support from
others on this forum.

My situation is probably not different from many others. We support
Gary and at the same time have the assurance that Gary is perfectly
capable of defending himself and fighting his own battles. Our silence
is certainly not an indication of lack of support for Gary and his
position. His restraint in addressing the muck-rakers is an indication
of a noble character and a gentleman. He has chosen not to fight by
the rules of the mud slingers. Keep up the good work Gary!!!
Jadam
gls
2008-03-25 04:37:22 UTC
Hi Jadam;

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 19:48:39 -0700 (PDT), jadam
Post by jadam
Hello to all especialy Gary.
Gary made a passing remark in a recent post that seemed to me to
indicate he was a bit dissapointed over his lack of support from
others on this forum.
I'm sorry if I expressed an indication of disappointment as that would
have been unintentional as I'm not in the least disappointed. I find
the discussions interesting although a bit heated at times, but
nonetheless necessary ...
Post by jadam
My situation is probably not different from many others. We support
Gary and at the same time have the assurance that Gary is perfectly
capable of defending himself and fighting his own battles. Our silence
is certainly not an indication of lack of support for Gary and his
position. His restraint in addressing the muck-rakers is an indication
of a noble character and a gentleman. He has chosen not to fight by
the rules of the mud slingers. Keep up the good work Gary!!!
thank you. I appreciate your words ...
Post by jadam
Jadam
gls
Ben Scaro
2008-03-25 11:53:04 UTC
Post by jadam
Hello to all especialy Gary.
Gary made a passing remark in a recent post that seemed to me to
indicate he was a bit dissapointed over his lack of support from
others on this forum.
(snip)
Post by gls
Post by jadam
My situation is probably not different from many others. We support
Gary and at the same time have the assurance that Gary is perfectly
capable of defending himself and fighting his own battles. Our silence
is certainly not an indication of lack of support for Gary and his
position. His restraint in addressing the muck-rakers is an indication
of a noble character and a gentleman. He has chosen not to fight by
the rules of the mud slingers. Keep up the good work Gary!!!
thank you. I appreciate your words ...
Post by jadam
Jadam
gls
I hope it is clear from my stance that I am supportive of Gary on this
issue.

I wasn't around for the events of 1990 and have to judge what I see
before me now; with regards to CR+C. I'm in favour of what I see.

I've read as much as I can, including a saved download of the former
'Rosicrucian re-organisation 1990' site, the 'Rosicrucian Chronicles'
and other documents, in addition to Gary's Q&A with Joe Swick a couple
of years back which went through these issues in an even-handed way.

I haven't been more vocal lately. I have no interest in the kind of
squabble Mr Gleason wants to have, and no desire to give a wilfully
perjured individual with dubious associations any credit whatsoever.

Gary's conducted himself with poise and a restraint that I admire.

Ben
Blue_Beard
2008-03-25 19:03:41 UTC
Post by jadam
[...]
I Totally agree,
plus its a very rare treat to see a leader (in any field) putting his armor,
sword and shield aside, and taking on ignorance by himself in front of the
whole world.

In Light,
+ramon
innerjewel
2008-03-26 23:23:52 UTC
Everything that I have read of Gary's has indicated that he has
integrity. He maintains the high ground when others are being less
than kind to him. This is what one would expect from an individual
professing to be a Rosicrucian. Some of the vindictiveness being
directed towards him is discouraging to read and reveals the nature of
some of his detractors.
gls
2008-03-27 20:36:51 UTC
Hi Ben;

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 04:53:04 -0700 (PDT), Ben Scaro
<***@hotmail.com> wrote:

<snip>
Post by Ben Scaro
I hope it is clear from my stance that I am supportive of Gary on this
issue.
Thanks ben. I find the words "on this issue" really important as it
leaves open the right to disagree when necessary. Far too often, in
the world of esoteric orders and the like, there are those who feel
there must be an almost fanatical faith in the order in which they
belong and to have a disagreement would be a form of sacrilege or
disrespect. That, in my opinion, is wrong as well as hurtful to what
we are trying to achieve.

<snip>
Post by Ben Scaro
Ben
gls
f***@yahoo.co.uk
2008-04-03 02:12:43 UTC
Greetings,

And the most important point of all: What can really be achieved in a
discussion about spiritual and/or historical topics by spoonpicking a
persons charachter? Granted a man has the right to defend himself -
notwithstanding that no matter what subject is in question, egos are
involved at all levels (including their friends and socalled foes) -
but there is something called perspective. Loose that and we loose any
hope of getting somewhere (we'd like to get to).

In addition, to do so is unethical, unfair and perhaps even
"unroscrucian" (not that I pretend to know what being "rosicrucian"
really is).

As Bob-Julie suggested: perhaps discussing our taste in toxical
liquids is more relevant and fruitful.

Finally: I too wish to declare myself as a friend of Garys (nice
seeing you are alive and @$$kicking) - if that's what this party has
dwindled into. One of the few lessons the wise initiates of all times
have managed to teach me: Its better to make friends than not.

Somewhat jestingly,
Al :)
gls
2008-04-05 03:18:26 UTC
Hi Al;

It's really good to see you're still around! I notice you have a yahoo
uk address. Are you in the UK now?

On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 19:12:43 -0700 (PDT), ***@yahoo.co.uk
wrote:

<snip>
Post by f***@yahoo.co.uk
Finally: I too wish to declare myself as a friend of Garys (nice
I don't really mean to, but he slaps a target on it. Hopefully he'll
wake up.
Post by f***@yahoo.co.uk
- if that's what this party has
dwindled into.
Yeah ... at times it has especially with people who are afraid to
explore beyond the party lines.
Post by f***@yahoo.co.uk
One of the few lessons the wise initiates of all times
have managed to teach me: Its better to make friends than not.
That's true, but some folks just aint the friendly type.
Post by f***@yahoo.co.uk
Somewhat jestingly,
Al :)
best

gary
f***@yahoo.co.uk
2008-04-05 04:13:00 UTC
Hi Friend!
Post by gls
It's really good to see you're still around! I notice you have a yahoo
uk address. Are you in the UK now?
I'm often in UK, but I haven't moved there, no. It's an old email I
acquired years ago, which I occasionally use in exoteric forums like
this, where we are feeding the machines of the intelligence services,
hackers, spectators, aliens and god knows who/what.
Post by gls
Post by gls
I don't really mean to, but he slaps a target on it. Hopefully he'll
wake up.
Its a well-known esoteric interpretation that "turning your left
cheek" to a slap means to manifest your shadow side. Besides, I listen
to the sage from Samos who definitively did not advocate masochism
when faced with unprovoked slapping. A man has the right to defend
himself, indeed. I guess the level of heat we get is reflected by who
we are silly enough to take on ;)
Post by gls
Post by gls
- if that's what this party has
dwindled into.
Yeah ... at times it has especially with people who are afraid to
explore beyond the party lines.
Indeed. In fact, I used to be like that, many, many years ago. It's a
very human and surprisingly common psychosis. Most people don't even
need a sect to channel it through - the society at large is an
adequate enough vessel.
Post by gls
Post by gls
One of the few lessons the wise initiates of all times
have managed to teach me: Its better to make friends than not.
That's true, but some folks just aint the friendly type.
That's also true. Well, I try to befriend even them, and move on if
doesn't work (rather in silence than with my tail between the legs).

Sincerely,
Al :)