The Chymical Wedding and numbers
Sid
2009-11-13 20:08:00 UTC
The Chymical Wedding and numbers

Greetings,

The so called prophetic pregnancy is of 42 weeks which are each of 30
days = 1260 days, with each day equivilant to one year = 1260 years.

The first mention of Europe being pregnant with child that I first
came across was in the book by Michael Maier called "Themis aurea" or
the 'The Laws of the Rosie Cross'. The translation in Ehglish was
published in 1652. Maier describes the emblem of the Order with the
letters R.C., R = pegasus, and C = Julius, and adds the words "Is that
not the claw of a rosey (reddish) Lion?". No explanation was given in
the text. The name pegasus has 7 letters and Julius has 6 = 13, or 7 x
6 = 42. The numerical value of pegasus is 84(?), and that of Julius 102
(?) = 186(?). Alas I do not know if the letter J=I has a numerical
value or not.

For what it may be worth, the numerical value of the letters R.C. in
the Latin alphabet are R = 17 + C = 3, R + C = 20.

As I have mentioned before, you can build your own tetrahedron by just
purchasing 20 table tennis balls and then glue them together in the
following order i.e., a triangle of 10 as the base, with 6 on top,
then 3 and then 1. You will find 2 examples of these in the famous
engraving of Khunrath in his laboratory upon the lintel of the
firplace.

The brackets are from me: "Thus in both places we consumed three hours,
(3 x 60 = 180) which does not at all repent me. Now although it had
already strucken Seven,(x 7 = 1260) yet nothing was hitherto given us
to eat, howbeit our hunger was easie to be abated by constant
Revivings, and I could be well content to fast all my Life long with
such Entertainment."

I found it too much of a coincidence to find this number in this text.

"All their Chambers were built in semi-circle (=180 x 7 = 1260?), that
so they might have before their Eyes the costly Clock-work (clock =
12, 24, or 144?) which was erected upon a fair Turret in the Center,
and regulate themselves according to the course of the Planets (7?),
which were to be seen on it in a glorious manner. And hence I could
easily conjecture wherein our Artists failed, howbeit its none of my
duty to inform them. At length I came into a spacious Room (shown
indeed to the rest a great while before) in the middle whereof stood a
terestrial Globe, whose Diameter (180?) contained thirty Foot,

(the use of the word 'Foot' may be a translation from German into
English, or as in the German text, the word(s) "Globus terrenus,
dessen diameter 30. schuh hielt,". The word 'schuh' is shoe in
English.) albeit near half of it (= 180?),

except a little which was covered with the steps, was let into the
Earth. Two Men might readily turn this Globe about with all its
Furniture, so that more of it was never to be seen, but so much as was
above the Horizon. Now although I could easily conceive that this was
of some special use, yet could I not understand whereto those Ringlets
of Gold (which were upon it in several places) served; At which my
Page laughed, and advised me to view them more narrowly. In brief, I
found there my native Country noted with Gold also: Whereupon my
Companion sought his, and found that so too. Now for as much as the
same hapened in like manner to the rest who stood by, The Page told us
of a certain that it was yesterday declared to the Kings Majest'y by
their old Atlas (so is the Astronomer named)

Atlas = 5 letters. Atlas = numerical value = 50

I saw much more too upon this Globe than I am willing to discover. Let
each Man take into consideration why every City produceth not a
Philosopher. After this he lead us quite into the Globe, which was
thus made; On the Sea (there being a large square besides it) was a
Tablet, whereon stood three Dedications, and the Author's name, which
a Man might gently lift up and by a little joyned Board, go into the
Center, which was capable of four Persons, ( = North, South, East, and
West?, N.S.E.W. = the source of the word NEWS. The meaning of the word
Evangelica is good i.e., good "news".) being nothing but a round Board
whereon we could sit and at ease by broad day light (it was now
already dark) 12 + 12 hours = 24 hours clock of Studion?) contemplate
the Stars, (were not the ganglia and their 7/12 main points not known
as inner "stars"?) to my thinking they were mere Carbuncles which
glittered in an agreeable order, and moved so gallantly, that I had
scarce any mind ever to go out again, as the Page afterwards told the
Virgin, with which she often twitted me: For it was already Supper
time, and I had so much amused my self in the Globe, that I was almost
the last at Table; (last in the circle = 180/360?) wherefore I made no
longer delay, but having again put on my Gown (which I had before layd
aside) and stepping to the Table,

...being already merry with the Wine, the Virgin began thus: "My
Lords, I have a great contention with one of my Sisters: (= 1 of 7 or
7 x 48???) In our Chamber we have an Eagle, (the Eagle is another of
the so called beasts (4) that are mentioned in the Holy Bible.
Studion, in his Naometria gives the Eagle the foundation 'number' of
48. i.e.,.

1. Homo = 12 (1)
2. Bos = 24 (2)
3. Aguila = 48 (4)
4. Leo = 72 (6)

1 + 2 * 4 + 6 = 13 = 13 x 12 = 156
1 x 2 x 4 x 6 = 48 = Eagle?

Now we cherish him with such diligence, that each of us in disirous to
be the best beloved, and upon that score have many a Squabble.

The meeting in Luneburg in Germany is believed to have taken place on
the 27th of July 1586. How are these numbers/dates linked to the
above?

Regards,
Sid
P.S. I'm not nit-picking, but in the original text of the Chymical
Wedding in German, the words "Globus terrenus" are used in the
sentance below, and the latin word "terrenus" does not mean
"terestrial". It means, of the earth, earthen, earthly, worldly, and
mortal.

whose Diameter contained thirty Foot,.."
Sid
2009-11-15 21:26:52 UTC
Post by Sid
The Chymical Wedding and numbers
Greetings,
The meeting in Luneburg in Germany is believed to have taken place on
the 27th of July 1586. How are these numbers/dates linked to the
above?
Did you reduce the numbers, then multiply them? Now go back 1260 years
from the year 1586 and you have the year AD 326. The year when
Constantine (age 14?) and his mother travelled to Jerusalem and found
the true cross.

If you are interested in seeing an example of the globe then go to:

http://www.schloss-gottorf.de/gh/sternbilder.php#

The globe as mentioned in the Chemical Wedding of Christian
Rosenkreutz. Anno 1459 (1616)

Sid
gls
2009-11-15 23:59:52 UTC
Hi Sid;
<snip>
Post by Sid
Did you reduce the numbers, then multiply them? Now go back 1260 years
from the year 1586 and you have the year AD 326. The year when
Constantine (age 14?) and his mother travelled to Jerusalem and found
the true cross.
Interesting what you're doing with the numbers ...

But, for what it's worth, in 326, Constantine was in his 50's and it
was only his mother, Helena, who made a pilgrimage to the Holy Land.
She went in search for the village of Nazareth. As for finding the
cross, it was some time after that when she was said to have found it.
As for Constantine, he was in Rome that year.

<Snip>
Post by Sid
Sid
best

gls
Sid
2009-11-16 22:01:01 UTC
Hi Gary,

My mistake I meant Helena's son at the age of 14 later Emperor
Constantine II. (?)

Still looking at the year c. AD 326. Grasping a straws I guess.

At first I reduced the date of the meeting 27th of July 1586 as 27 x 7
x 20 = 3780 which I recognised from othe calculation as being 3 x
1260.

The other reductionof the date to 9 x 7 x 20 = 1260. The other number
126 (1/10th) can be found in the diary of Kelpius.
Post by gls
Hi Sid;
<snip>
Post by Sid
Did you reduce the numbers, then multiply them? Now go back 1260 years
from the year 1586 and you have the year AD 326. The year when
Constantine (age 14?) and his mother travelled to Jerusalem and found
the true cross.
Interesting what you're doing with the numbers ...
But, for what it's worth, in 326, Constantine was in his 50's and it
was only his mother, Helena, who made a pilgrimage to the Holy Land.
She went in search for the village of Nazareth. As for finding the
cross, it was some time after that when she was said to have found it.
As for Constantine, he was in Rome that year.
<Snip>
best
gls
“Saint Helena (Latin: Flavia Iulia Helena Augusta) also known as Saint
Helen, Helena Augusta or Helena of Constantinople (ca. 246/50 – 18
August 330) was the consort of Emperor Constantius, and the mother of
Emperor Constantine I. She is traditionally credited with finding the
relics of the True Cross. “

"The bishop and historian Eusebius of Caesarea states that she was
about 80 on her return from Palestine. Since that journey has been
dated to 326–28, Helena was probably born in 248 or 250. Little is
known of her early life."

- from Wikipedia
Sid
2009-11-21 16:41:01 UTC
The importance of the number 156 has already been mentioned.
Interestingly 9 x 156 = 1404 which is the 'year' that the Brotherhood
of the RC was founded + 216 years (108+108) = 1620 which is the year
that Studion calculated with his 'clock' of 24 hours x 90 years. 216
divided by 24 = 9 and 1620 divided by 9 = 180. Birth of CR in 1378 +
26 = 1404. Each side of the Vault is equal to 26.

24 x 90 = 2160 years divided by 18 (1620) = 120 years = the words in
the Fama "POST CXX. ANNOS PATEBO" = "After 120 years I shall open" (?)
(1604?)

120 years reduced by 30 = 4

The foundation stones of the Temple are numbered 12, 24, 48, 72 = 156

30 x 12 = 36/0
30 x 24 = 72/0
30 x 48 = 144/0
30 x 72 = 216/0
------------------
120 / 156 / 468/0

468 = Age of the Father
936 = Age of the Son
1404 = Age of the Holy Ghost (???)

Any thoughts anyone?

Regards,
Sid
Sid
2009-11-21 17:05:40 UTC
More brainstorming on the subject

420 = Age of the Father = Old Testament = (?) = 60°
840 = Age of the Son = New Testament = (?) = 120°
1260 = Age of the Holy Ghost = Naometria = (?) = 180°
2520 divided by 70 = 36 / 360° (?)
The triangulation of 36 = 36°°° = 666
36 = square = cube

The description within the Vault has been presented by someone who
knew and understood what Studion had presented in his Naometria. (?)

3 x 70 = 210 / 20°°° (Tetrahedron)
3 x 70 = 210 / 20°°° (Tetrahedron)
-----------------------------------
6 x 70 = 420 / 40°°° = 820 = cube

What is the importance of the number 54?

10°°° = 55 (any link to the wedding text?)
Looking at the number 54 again:

420 = 60°
840 = 120°
1260 = 180°
---------------
34020 years is the largest number on one of the drawings of SS.
34020 is 27 x 1260
34020 divided by 54 = 630 divided by 7 = 90 years = hours of the
'Clock of God' (9 x 70 = 630)

54 =

4 x 70 = 280
5 x 70 = 350
--------------
The triangulation of 54°°° = 1485 - 1404 = 81 = 'age' of Christian
Rosenkreutz at the wedding in Anno 1459. He was 'born' in *1378 but
1378 is not only a fixed calculation i.e., 2 + 2 = 4 and cannot be
changed, 1378 is also the foundation of the Temple and the basis of
all calculations (?) past, present and future.

34020 divided by 81 = 420 (60°) see above
Another link with numbers that I have just found is the date 1404 +
108 + 108 = 1620 which is mentioned by SS.

216 years is 1/10 th of the cycle 2160 years
to add: 3 x 1260 = 3780 (mentioned before) divided by 108 = 21 = 3 x 7

3780 divided by 70 = 54.

54°°° = 1485 - 1404 (foundation of the Brotherhood RC) = 81 = age of
CRC at the wedding.

1485 - 1459 (year of the wedding) = 26 = each side of the Vault of
CRC.

1459 - 1404 = 55 (number mentioned in the wedding text)

55°°° = 1540 (?)
each side of the Vault of CRC = 5:8 + 5:8 = 26

Also count the last words in the Fama = 3+5+6+6+6 = 26

The triangulation of 26 = 26°°° = 351 x 4 (quarters) = 1404 =
foundation year of the Brotherhood RC divided by 26 = 54°°° = 1485 -
1404 = 81 divided by 3 = 27 x 4 = 108

26 x 4 (quarters) = 104
Also: 3 x 5 x 6 x 6 x 6 = 3240 divided by 90 'hours' = years = 36/90
In one of Studion's drawings there is a base with 7 seals (?) each
with the number 70 on it, so perhaps this is where the authors of the
Fama got the idea from.

One possible key in this may be in the degrees of a circle 60° 120°
180° and the numbers
420
840
1260
------
2520 divided by 70 = 36 or perhaps the triangle with 10 points within
a circle
divide the number 5760 by 360/360° = 16

2520 divided by 360/360° = 7

144°°° = 10440 and is the 'time of our world' mentioned in the Bible.

The 9th hour = 9 x 60 minutes = 540

540 = Age of the Father (Old Testament)
1080 = Age of the Son (New Testament)
1620 = Age of the Holy Ghost (Simon Studion)
-------------------------
3240 divided by 360 = 9
-------------------------
7 x 360/360° = 2520 = 2+5+2+0 = 9
9 x 360/360° = 3240 = 3+2+4+0 = 9
Q: Can anyone do me a big favour, please?

I am looking for the numerical values of each of the sons of Joseph
and the sons of Jacob.
I found the name of Hermes Trismagistos (Spl.?) in an old diary of one
of the professors that worked with Studion at the University of
Tubingen. Hermes was called an "Iatromathematician".

From the web:

Iatromathematician \I*a`tro*math`e*ma*ti"cian\, n. [Gr. ? physician +
E. mathematician.] (Hist. Med.) One of a school of physicians in
Italy, about the middle of the 17th century, who tried to apply the
laws of mechanics and mathematics to the human body, and hence were
eager student of anatomy; -- opposed to the iatrochemists. [1913
Webster]

Perhaps the "Welcome medical library" in London has a copy of the
Naometria. I understand that they do have a collection of Hermetic
fragments that were bound together. Perhaps someone can find out more
and let us know. I am still looking for the missing pages of the
Naometria.

"Master of the secret house" would be CRC within his Temple, of which
the foundation is his birth. I guess the closest we can get is to
reflect that which CRC reflects. A better understanding of numbers and
the Fama etc., would be a good place to start.

Interesting regarding the number 17.

Numericly the numbers that 'belong to' Joseph i.e., Joseph's children
= the temple of CRC and the year of his birth, then the 'life' of CRC
within the temple could well be reflected in the numbers that 'belong
to' Jacob i.e., Jacob's children.

Check the total of the number of years that CRC was away from Europe.

The Zohar says the best years of Jacob's life were those spent living
in exile in Egypt for 17 years.

The name of Egypt in Hebrew is mitzrayim. It also means narrow or
problem.

CRC mentions 'problems' upon his 'return' to Germany/Europe in that
the learned of Europe laughed at him (?).

I found the 'number' of the birth of CRC in my calculations of the
numbers 1-24 and as numbers are also pos. & neg. we are also looking
at vibrations, are we not? I continued on from the number 24 to 25 and
at 26°°° = 351 x 4 = 1404 which is the year that the Fraternity RC was
founded. 1404 divided by 36 = 39. The importance of the number 26 has
already been explained. 25°°° = 325 and 26°°° = 351 are linked
together with the number 26.

Hope this is of some value to someone.

Regards,
SId
PS Place the first and last letter of the Greek alphabet together 4
times within a circle and you will have the cross that is on the grave
stone of one of the Knights in Rosslyn Chapel i.e., The letter 'A'
with the letter of 'Omega' underneath it together. I believe that we
are dealing with Germatria, but have not quite figured out everything
yet. I would be interested to know the 'numerical' value of the
letters of the Greek alphabet (x 4?).

PPS the Book M, I believe is the book of Nature
Have a look at the last card of the tarot called 'The World'
Sid
2009-11-21 17:55:44 UTC
Post by Sid
More brainstorming on the subject
420 = Age of the Father = Old Testament = (?) = 60°
840 = Age of the Son = New Testament = (?) = 120°
1260 = Age of the Holy Ghost = Naometria = (?) = 180°
Greetings,

On the 3rd Day of the Chymical Wedding of Christian Rosenkreuz. Anno
1459, the scales are mentioned in the text, and for some reason I feel
that this has something to do with the number 18 and the triangulation
thereof i.e., 18°°° = 171 (see last post).

You will also find another number if importance at the end of the Fama
i.e., in the text "Sub umbra alarum tuarum Jehova" which contains 26
letters or 3 + 5 + 6 + 6 + 6 = 26

Interestingly, 3+5 is also 35 and the triangulation of the next number
on the list was 36 = 666 = symbol of the light in the East and a
weight in Gold. (also: 6+6+6 = 18)

360 divided by 18 = 20

3 x 26 = 78 = 12°°°
4 x 18 = 72

I believe that the authors of the Rosicrucian texts were also working
with numbers and sacred geometry, the most important being the circle,
the triangle, and the square. Although I believe that the calculations
become more complicated once one enters a three dimensional landscape
of sacred geometry, I beleave that once one knows ones number, one
knows where one is within the landscape, so to speak, or in other
words, one takes the book(s) with one upon ones journey.

*1378 is the year that Christian Rosenkreuz was born.
+26
-----
= 1404 (also: 18 x 26 = 468 > 936 > 1404)
- 1459 year of the Wedding of CR
------
= 55 = 10°°° (see list of numbers) 55/56 being the number of
ALCHIMIA.
------

Christian Rosenkreuz was 81 at the time of his wedding in Anno 1459.

18 x 360 = 6480 divided by 90 = 72/72 years is one degree on the
larger circle = cycle of the Zodiac, and in the Naometria the 24 hour
clock of Studion stops at 18 = 1620 years i.e., the (day & night?) 24
hour face of the clock contains 24 hours each of 90 years = 2160 (24 x
90)

4th hour = 360
14th hour = 1260
18th hour = 1620
24th hour = 2160

*1378
+ 106 age of CR
-----
1484 death of CR
+120 grave will be opened after 120 years.
----
1604 completion of the Naometria by Studion.

Going back to the 3rd day of the wedding you will find that there are
9 men and 9 virgins = 18 within a circle. It is also written that the
diameter of the globe was 30 feet. (30 x 12 = 360)

Kienast tells us that the 7 weights represent the 7 virtues from the
teachings of Aurelius Clemens Prudentius. The first large weight being
FIDES, and the 4 smaller weights being, PRUDENTIA, POTENTIA,
HUMILITAS, SOBRIETAS, and the 2 last ones being OPERATIO and
CONCORDIA.

FIDES = 5 (letters) and the 4 smaller weights being, PRUDENTIA = 9,
POTENTIA = 8, HUMILITAS = 9, SOBRIETAS = 9, and the 2 last ones being
OPERATIO = 8 and CONCORDIA = 9 letters = 57.

F. = 06
P. = 15
P. = 15
H. = 08
S. = 18
O. = 14
C. = 03
-------
= 79

F.P.P.H.S.O.C. = 79 or 7 x 9 = 63. 63 x 360/360° = 22680 divided by
1260 = 18 x 90 = 1620.

please note that the numerical sequence of the old latin alphabet is
being used here, if I have the correct one. See "Universe of
Numbers" (AMORC) page 162-163 for the Roman alphabet.

The period of 1260 days was used in the calculations of a prophetic
pregnancy in Europe (Alchimia?) of 42 weeks, each of 30 days = 1260,
and the prophetic 'day' was equal to one year = 1260 years.

Perhaps the 7 so called seals are also weights as well?

1260 divided by 70 = 18
1260 divided by 360/360° = 7

2004 - 1604 = 400 years

20 x 20 = 400 = Y = 22nd letter of the latin alphabet etc.

All suggestions and comments are welcome.

Regards,
Sid
P.S. you will find the number 22680 in the drawing by Studion in which
God is shown upon a throne and within a circle. The one with the 7 x
70 seals.

If you go to the text of the Chymical Wedding at: www.crcsite.org you
will find the Globus terrenus mentioned on the 3rd Day of the
Wedding.

Do a search of the word 'Globe' and you will find the passages
describing the 'Globus terrenus'(for 4 people). (4 x 72 = 288 = 18)

You will find that the Globe described in the text has a diameter of
30 feet. (There is a formula for calculating the circumference of a
circle and the surface, but alas I do not have it.)

30 x 12 = 360/360° which is interesting if one is working with circles
etc. The total number of years that it takes for all 12 signs of the
zodiac to complete a full cycle is 25.920 years i.e., one cycle of the
zodiac takes 2160 years.

4 x 180 = 720 (180 = 1/2 of 360) i.e., you now have a circle with
cross within it. In a globe you would have a three dimensional form
i.e., 6 x 180 = 1080. 8 x 180 = 1440 etc.

25.920 years divided by 360 = 72

25.920 years divided by 180 = 144

25.920 years divided by 72 = 360

72 years equals and is equal to 1° within the circle of the complete
cycle of all 12 signs of the zodiac. A journey around the triangle
would take 3x72 = 216 years. You will notice that all of these numbers
are important, especially those that together = 9.

In the Bible we als have the following important numbers:

12
24
72
---
108
---

The foundations/4 walls of Studion's building contain the 4 Beasts of
the Bible, (3 of which are also mentioned in the text of the Chymical
Wedding as well i.e., the 4th being the initiate himself, perhaps
(???)) each with its own number i.e., 12+24+48+72 = 156.

156 is the 'virgin green branch' of measure used by Studion in his
calculations. 156 divided by 4 = 39 = ???.

The "37 causes" mentioned in the Fama are the 37 "Simple Elements"
within "Dalton's Law of Proportions" (see: Rosicrucian Manual page 108
"List of Simple Elements" and the article by H. Spencer Lewis.

The photograph of the "Gottorfer Globus Herzog Friedricks III" was
taken in 1946 in Germany. The globe was built by Andreas Boesch
(Bösch) of Limburg, and under the instructions of the astronomer Adam
Olearius. The globe (for 12 people = 12 x 72 = 864 = 18) at that time
was in a place of initiation in a town called Neuewerk in the State of
Schleswig. The globe was given to Zar Peter I. of Russia when he
visited the center by the Danish king Friedrich IV. The present of the
globe was taken to St. Petersberg in Russia.

After WWII the globe was returned back to Russia again, and is now in
a museum in St. Petersburg.

Regards,
Sid

Greetings,

Sorry about that, my post got sent out automaticly before I had
completed my comments.
Post by Sid
Thus in both places we consumed three hours,(3 x 60 = 180) which does not at all repent me. Now although it had already strucken Seven,(x 7 = 1260) yet nothing was hitherto given us to eat, howbeit our hunger was easie to be abated by constant Revivings, and I could be well content to fast all my Life long with such Entertainment.
All their Chambers were built in semi-circle, (semi-circle = 180°) that so they might have before their Eyes the costly Clock-work which was erected upon a fair Turret in the Center, and regulate themselves according to the course of the Planets, (7) which were to be seen on it in a glorious manner.
Reference the Globe: "Now although I could easily conceive that this
was of some special use, yet could I not understand whereto those
Ringlets of Gold (which were upon it in several places) served; At
which my Page laughed, and advised me to view them more narrowly. In
brief, I found there my native Country noted with Gold"

I would imagine that these ringlets of gold would have a hole in their
centers so that a candle or other light from the outside of the globe,
would allow them to be seen from the inside once the door to the globe
had been closed i.e., the sacred centers would be recognised via their
planets and stars or constalation. It may interest you to know that
some of the oldest sites here in Germany upon which churches were
later built represented some of the celestial constallations.
Post by Sid
we could sit and at ease by broad day light (it was now already dark) contemplate the Stars, (= day and night = 24 hours) to my thinking they were mere Carbuncles which glittered in an agreeable order, and moved so gallantly, that I had scarce any mind ever to go out again, as the Page afterwards told the Virgin, with which she often twitted me: For it was already Supper time, and I had so much amused my self in the Globe,
Ref.: possible instruction within the globe (?)

http://crcsite.org/SecretSymb5.htm

The meaning of the words: Visita Interiora Terrae Rectificando
Invenies Occultum Lapidem is reduced to the first letters of each word
in the sentance i.e., Vitriol as it is written within the circle of
the 2nd diagram at the above URL is V.I.T.R.I.O.L. = "Visit the
interior of the earth, and in rectifying it, discover the hidden
stone". Khunrath writes Vitriolum in his works.

VITRIOL is the life's blood of the earth, and represents a spiritual
landscape which the student may experience.

Regards,
Sid
P.S. to save time I posted the above posts together.
Sid
2009-11-21 18:06:35 UTC
Post by Sid
More brainstorming on the subject