Gentlemen - now an important question
Julie Altswitch
2008-03-08 05:32:15 UTC
Greetings,
While the past few threads have been most interesting.
I wondered, if I were to have all these gentlemen meet down at the
Taco Bueno for supper, what beer would they choose?

I am serious, this could be an important artifact that could be discussed
for decades. I'm a Corona Girl myself.

Gary, Melanaigis, Ben, Jadam, what say you?
For yo'all living out of Texas - Taco Bueno is like a Taco Bell, but on
steroids.
In the Disney cartoon series, "Kim Possible", they called it Bueno Nacho
to keep the lawyers happy, and to make fun of it.

-Julie
Melanaigis
2008-03-08 13:00:42 UTC
Hi Julie

I appreciate the humor; in the same freindly spirit:
If I had to drink local it would be Lone Star beer.
Domestic would be Killian's Red.
If I could import any it would be Bishop's Finger or Director's Ale from
pubs in England.
If I had to bring my own it would be Newcastle Brown Ale, also from Great
Britain but available in Washington.
Ben Scaro
2008-03-08 14:13:41 UTC
Mine'd be a Black Sheep Bitter at the Wenlock Arms, just a spit from
London's East End.

Though it would be accompanied by salt beef sandwiches with English
mustard and obligatory pickle, not a taco . . . or just straight
black pudding sandwiches, mmmm.

Ben
-Julie
gls
2008-03-08 19:15:36 UTC
Hi Julie;

On Sat, 08 Mar 2008 00:32:15 -0500, Julie Altswitch
Post by Julie Altswitch
Greetings,
While the past few threads have been most interesting.
I wondered, if I were to have all these gentlemen meet down at the
Taco Bueno for supper, what beer would they choose?
Taco Bueno? Why would you want to go there?
Post by Julie Altswitch
I am serious, this could be an important artifact that could be discussed
for decades. I'm a Corona Girl myself.
You mean Corona *Boy* don't you Bob? I may be wrong, but I don't think
you actually went through with a gender change operation ... just a
name change for internet purposes ... but, if you prefer to be called
Julia, I'm fine with that.

Incidentally, I haven't heard about you in awhile. Last I heard you
were hanging around West Texas with those california types in Fort
Davis that ran amuck a few years back trying to get texas to break
from the union. Although it's probably rumor you were hanging with
those yahoos (heard it from someone who said it originated from paul
walden so you know it can't be that reliable) although I know your
politics are quite sympathetic with tthe idea.

Oh, to answer your question, I like Budweiser although it's somewhat
of a pain to go get it as it's dry where I'm at. I have to drive about
20 miles to Fate to fetch it. I actually prefer Koningshoeven (a
Trappist ale) but it's a bit tricky finding it here (and a bit
pricey). I have to go about 40 miles into Dallas and then it's iffy
that they have it in stock so I only get it about once or twice a
year.

<snip>
Post by Julie Altswitch
-Julie